Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Time to Write

In these days of ever-increasing demands on our time, where do we find time to write? By the time I check email, answer the ones that need answering and check the day’s headlines, follow my favorite blogs and scroll thru social media….it’s time to do some promo. Need to post on Twitter and Facebook, GoodReads and Linked In, and must avoid looking at other’s pages, if I can! 

In between are household responsibilities, family, friends, volunteer work and bill-paying. And don’t forget the day job – in my case, editing. You may have a longer commute than I do – from kitchen to office – but I often work outside of “regular” 9 to 5 hours, finding myself at the computer late at night.

Right now, with the warmer weather luring us out of our homes, we must include get-togethers with friends and family, shopping and travel and build them into our schedules, too. And those things are important to include so we have balance in our lives! 

Okay…don’t even think about the downtime of getting a cold or being slowed down by allergies!!

So, when does my writing Muse strike in the midst of a hectic life? What if yours prods at you when you can’t always indulge the urge, like during the workday? For me, the best time to write is at night. Everyone else is settled down and it’s “my” time. Add to the fact I’m a night owl and it makes sense. The wee, small hours are often very creative – but sure makes morning come early!

Libby
Libby McKinmer
Romance with an edge
www.libbymckinmer.com
libby@libbymckinmer.com
Also on Twitter, Facebook & GoodReads

No comments: